What is Cohort 21 ?
Cohort 21 unique professional learning experience that sees interested teachers join and and build new learning community within CIS Ontario. Borrowing from the Klingenstein model, and other successful blended learning programs, Cohort 21 participants will develop and then refine 21st Century teaching and learning practices through the rich experience of “learning by doing”.
- be effectively embedding technology and best practices in their classroom
- actively reflect on their practices to a wider audience while taking part in a larger, meaningful discussion about the future of teaching and learning
- be reading, writing, and reflecting about teaching and learning
- become more attuned to your schools mission statement and how it relates to the 21st century
- be a part of a highly motivated cohort of learners who will continue to critically assess their teaching in terms of student success
It is our hope that by bringing together a cohort of passionate teachers from across the CIS and exposing them to a rich learning experience we will build a new inter-school community built on a foundation of collaboration and innovation.
Cohort 21 aims to bring together teacher who are:
- highly motivated, inquisitive and passionate about teaching and learning
- highly collaborative and open-minded about the future of education
- interested in actively blogging and tweeting
- willing to invest a year of their time to commit to a paradigm shift of educational innovation