It has been a little over a week since our first Face 2 Face session but in independent school time that can feel like a lot longer. For many of us a normal week is filled with coaching, tutoring, staying late, getting up early, planning, collaborating, teaching and learning. Online there was lots of activity as well. Many of you jumped into Twitter and Diigo and your blog and tested the waters by participating and sharing. If you were unable to participate last week but want to get caught up look no further than these three links:
The strong relationships that we began on Saturday the 19th are what make this community unique. We extend and deepen these in between the Face 2 Face sessions through the use of the Cohort 21 toolkit. Kudos to those who have already been sharing and connecting through Twitter, their Blog and Diigo; however, if you haven’t had the chance to engage there is still lots of time to dive in. Let’s review our checklist……
– Make sure you are following @Cohort21 and retweet one or two tweets that are meaningful to you and your practice
– Check out and join a twitter chat from THIS LIST, and follow along and even join in through their hashtag
– Make sure you are a member of the Diigo group
– Make sure you have the Diigo toolbar
– Make a comment on someone’s post, or post something yourself
3) WordPress Blogs: Click here to see a list of all the member blogs.
– Please do ensure that you have published an entry – A reflection on the first Face 2 Face would would be a good place to start.
– Then, consider posting a comment on another blog from the Cohort
4) Google + Join our Google + Community
– Our Google+ community is starting to pick up steam as well. If you are interested in looping in and experimenting with this new tool, please click the link above and join in!
5) Keep an Eye out for 2 Upcoming Google Hangouts –
– Garth and Justin will be holding a Google Hangout on Nov. 6th (invite to follow)
– Dawn Chan will be our hangout guest during the week of Nov. 11th (invite to follow)
6) Looking ahead to the next Face 2 Face…..
We are busy planning our next Face 2 Face session which will be held on Saturday November 23rd. The location is still to be finalized.
Thanks and we look forward to hearing from you online or off 🙂
Garth & Justin