How might we teach ELA in the same progressive manner used by math classes?
How might we reframe ELA teaching to centre skills/competencies so as to demystify intended learning outcomes and achievement of those outcomes for students?
So far, these are some resources I’ve found that have been inspiring, but I’d love to be pointed in any useful directions!
- Tyler Rablin
- This blog post from Tim Cavey
- The idea of Austin’s Butterfly to introduce the meaning of feedback to students
- Powerful Teaching as recommended by @ddoucet
- Amanda Cardenas’ unit planning strategies
- The “Teachers Going Gradeless” community