My (mindful) Next Steps…

What are my immediate next steps?

I have researched mindfulness in the classroom and found a couple of resources that are useful and applicable. I have taught the first 8 lessons of the Mindful Schools curriculum and plan to introduce the remaining 8 lessons before the March Break.

I would also like to review the way in which my students have been reflecting on each lesson. Right now, they are using a small paper journal to answer a couple of reflection questions after each lesson. I’d like to explore using Kidblog to encourage students to share their thinking with each other and have the chance to read and respond to different ideas.

When will I publish next?

I will publish next before March Break in order to reflect on how the implementation of mindfulness is going and what type of reflection tool is working best for my students.

How will I present my finding?

Although I haven’t found the perfect format to present my findings (suggestions welcome!), I would love to incorporate student voices into the presentation.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

2 Responses to My (mindful) Next Steps…

1. Danny, I’m so excited to learn more about your experience.

Do you (or maybe the Mindful Schools Curriculum) have a vision for how to “measure” or “notice” the impact that these lessons have on students? Could you do a “before and after” journaling experience or maybe a “I used to think, but now I think” routine for the students to go through. How will you know your experience was “successful”?

2. Hi Danny,

I love where this is going! Be sure to keep collaborating with Allison, because I think that you two have a lot to share and provide for one another!

I look foward to more,
    garth.