Cohort 21 is a personalized year-long, job embedded PD experience open to CIS Ontario educators that accelerates teacher learning and growth in their practice.It combines the best of face 2 face learning with digital technology to foster a truly professional learning community among its members and alumni. Over the course of the school year Cohort 21 participants will know, understand and develop 21st Century teaching and learning practices through the rich and immersive experience of “Design Thinking”.
Click here to read through the action plans from past cohorts.
Click here to watch a short video on Why Join Cohort 21?
Click here to read testimonials from past participants.
Throughout the Cohort 21 experience participants will:
- learn why and how to effectively embed technology into their classrooms.
- learn and apply Design Thinking strategies
- actively reflect on their practices while taking part in a larger, meaningful discussion about the future of teaching and learning
- be reading, writing, and reflecting about teaching and learning though their Cohort 21 blog.
- become attuned to their schools mission statement and how it relates to the 21st century
- be a part of a highly motivated cohort of learners who will continue to critically assess their teaching in terms of student success
Cohort 21 brings together passionate teachers from all across Ontario and exposes them to a rich professional learning experience. The end result is a inter-school professional learning network built on a foundation of collaboration and innovation. Cohort 21 is not limited by grade or discipline; but rather embraces the possibility of interaction between division levels and experiences in education.