How wonderful it was to finally meet all my fellow educators in this year's Cohort21. The best part of the day was hearing about your journey's and the challenges you face. I was awestruck by the amount of experience we were bringing to the table as a group and the very obvious love of learning in that room was invigorating.
Starting to talk about the issues I wanted to address felt more daunting however. Whenever I reflect on my teaching practice, I feel slightly overcome by the sheer number of issues I want to address.
- I want to be more focused on skills development and less on grammar.
- I want students to be able to speak more confidently and more fluently.
- I want my classes to be more student-centred
- I want more differentation (I typically have very weak and very strong)
- I want more diversity in my resources
- I want to do more active lessons, hands-on-activities, outdoor education lessons…
- I want..
I could go on, but I think you get the picture. The end of the day on our first F2F felt a bit overwhelming because I started to experience "tornado reflection". There are just so many things that I think I could improve for my students and ways that French class could be EVEN MORE AWESOME! I am grateful to coach @jbairos who listened to my string of consciousness brain dump and helped calm the winds a little.
Looking forward to seeing you again in a few weeks!