Action Plan Research Goals:
• What changes occur when new technology is introduced to the classroom within project based learning?
• What happens when multiple technologies are synthesized during the PBL process?
• What changes can be identified in teacher practice? In student practice/learning?
• What can a reflective process teach?
• Students will use a cloud-based application to compose their own rhythmic variation of a popular tune.
• Once composed, students will use their variation as the basis of their own GarageBand composition project.
• Students should consider their audience – for whom are they composing for? For what purpose can this new music be used?
• Students will present their original compositions to the class and school community.
• Document the learning process from a teacher perspective
• Record observations, student wonderings/reactions throughout the PBL process
Reflect on experience and share with colleagues.